A battery can explode if you do not follow the proper procedure, causing serious injury to anyone nearby.
Follow all procedures carefully and keep sparks and open flames away from the battery.
The battery contains sulfuric acid (electrical) which is highly corrosive and poisonous.
Getting electrolyte in your eyes or on your skin can cause serious burns.
Wear protective clothing and eye protection when working on or near battery.
Swallowing electrolyte can cause fatal poisoning if immediate action is not taken.
NOTE: To get accurate results, the temperature of the electrolyte must be between 21 and 38 °C (70 and 100 °F) before testing.
Test Equipment Required
Battery Tester with:
Voltmeter with 0−18 V scale, ammeter with 0−100 A and 0−500 A scales, and a carbon pile with 0−300 W
12 V Battery Charger:
Fast charge capability of 50 A and slow charge capability of 5 A